Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Day I decided to Quit…

One year…
365 days…
52 weeks…
1 passion…

It was last October 1st when I had to make a very difficult decision. It involves a lot of aspects in my life. I was caught in the middle of a cross road. I have to decide which path to take: my passion or a career.

I only had 24 hours in my hand. I heard about the “bad” news last 29th of September, there I was on my own feet. I knew there will be consequences in my decisions but I have to be firm. I had to take a little consideration of everything. Honestly, it broke me into pieces. I can’t even sleep at night worrying about the future. Which path will I take? Which passion will I pursue? Which name will have to live?

Then I pause.
Then I think
Then I dream

I closed my eyes. I heard my heart was pounding really, really hard. I’m not nervous nor I’m not excited. I AM SCARED.

The clock was ticking. I don’t know what to do. I only had 24 hours to decipher what I really want subconsciously. I AM A TIME BOMB.

Then I broke the silence. One day I decided to quit.

I decided to quit not because life is full of shit, no, I decided to quit because I know I deserve better.
I decided to quit because I know there are a lot of opportunities out there
I decided to quit because I know it will be for the best.

As the old man’s saying “you can’t have everything!” that’s why I decided to let go of that another great opportunity because this time I’ll have the BEST OPPORTUNITY in the whole world that money can’t buy…. LEARNING







Gist:
I was caught to choose between a high paying job with great benefits and a low paying job but with a great learning experience.
if you were in my position, what will you do?
xoxo

No comments: