Saturday, January 2, 2010

Life Changing Experience

I always wanted to be the best person that I can be. No matter what it takes, I'll do my very best to achieve my goals. - Ayan


I remember when I was in sixth grade, my teacher asked us to accomplish an activity. The title of the activity was "When I grow up". I wrote on my paper --- When I grow up I wanted to be a famous business woman someday. Earning lots and lots of money. I will be able to graduate as a Magna Cumlaude in college. I wanted to take Business Management "
With full conviction I believed in my dreams. But I was shocked when my teacher told me that i was so ambitious. To her, I was a little too advanced in thinking ahead of time. I told my teacher that there's nothing wrong being ambitious. She got mad at me and told me that if I didn't change my paper, she will not let me share in front of the class. Well, I sat down, contemplated what she told me. After a few minutes, I approached my teacher again. I told her that it's okay if I'm not going to recite but I'm going to keep my paper as a reminder that this is my dream.This is what I wanted to achieve in Life.


The good news is... I've never become a Magna cumlaude in Business Management course.. Ahaha! But I am a business woman now. (that I have a mind set like business woman) Ahaha! seriously. What I learned from that experienced is becoming Ambitious is not negative attitude. It's a drive that keeps you going to achieve your Goals in Life. Kudos!

So for an opening for 2010, I want to share with you a beautiful book that I read that affirmed me in my life. Hehe.. I am a visionary. So this book helped me to convert my dreams into a reality.. The title of the book is For Richer and For Poorer by Chinkee Tan

Tell you an example.

September 2008 - I was in Mcdonald's in Ortigas. I was an applicant for an Exchange student in UAP, (sad to say it didn't push through), I was waiting for Drew, while waiting for him, I was doodling. I doodle that by October 08- January 2010, I'll be able to join ABS-CBN or GMA 7, either of the two network companies will do. I was shocked when DZBB called me and told me I'm going to start there as a Writer. I always wanted to be a writer. I was so amazed that after couple of weeks I saw that notebook and I can't believed that careless doodling will end up being me career. I became an Executive Producer in one of the radio programs in DZBB hosted by a well-known anchor after seven months.

So tell me, is it bad to become ambitious?

No comments: